Adult education in Europe has very different profiles from country to country. In order to face this heterogeneity, Key-Co System project intends to undertake an action of integration and harmonization of adult education paths. This is functional to increase employment opportunities, mobility and economic development of adults, especially migrants, and to favour at the same time a more inclusive and cohesive society.
Key-Co System is a project funded by Erasmus+ programme (KA2 – Strategic Partnership – Adult Education) and is promoted by Per Esempio Onlus in partnership with organizations and educational institutions from Italy, Germany, Spain, UK and Greece, countries sharing similar challenges, such as the high presence of migrants and refugees attending local educational paths. They are:
- Per Esempio Onlus – Palermo, Italy (project coordinator)
- Centro Provinciale per l’istruzione degli Adulti – Palermo 1 (CPIA1), Italy
- Centro Provinciale per l’istruzione degli Adulti – Palermo 2 (CPIA2), Italy
- Università degli Studi di Palermo, Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza – Palermo, Italy
- Volkshochschule Im Landkreis Cham e.v. – Cham, Germany
- Asociación Guaraní de Cooperación Paraguay – Madrid, Spain
- Solidaridad Sin Fronteras – SSF – Madrid, Spain
- University of Reading – Reading, UK
- Second Chance School of Assou – Lechaiou, Greece
Thanks to partners’ joint action, Key-Co System will design a methodology and shared contents aiming to foster social inclusion and territorial development through the development of people. The main targets are:
- teachers and educators involved in migrant adult education;
- migrant adults and refugees attending educational pathways.
They will be provided with a specific training and educational tools more flexible and easily applicable to different cultural contexts.
Key-Co System objectives are the strengthening of educational and empowerment paths of migrant adult learners and the updating and development of innovative practices among teachers, educators and organizations operating in the adult education field.